Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TUESDAY, 9/18


TUESDAY, 9/18:

     We splurged on our last breakfast here.  Went to a restaurant up the road about 3 miles, which Loretta had told us about.  She & Steve went there the morning after they had dinner with us.  Called “Café at Paradise  Cove,” it’s right on the beach- literally.  If you opt to eat outside (and who wouldn’t???),  the tables are right on the sand, so you can play sand footsie while you’re eating!  I got Macadamia-coconut pancakes (served with Macadamia nut butter), and Bill ordered a seafood omelet.   Both were delicious – and how iconic of California!  It was a terrific meal in a fabulous, fun setting – what a great way to end our stay here. Thanks so much to Loretta for steering us there!



Oh yeah – it’s the only restaurant I know of which has a couple of changing rooms in the restrooms!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

     We drove north a little further, just for fun and since it was such a gorgeous day.  The water was absolutely stunningly exquisite – I don’t think I’ve ever seen such gorgeous water, even in Hawaii.  Clear, bright shades of turquoise and azure, with outbreaks of white foam.  Breathtaking.  Not sure the photos caught the color.  
 
 
 
 

     Came home & did a little grocery shopping before we leave civilization.  Then went to the TV room to post some entries on the blog and do some on-line banking, since the WiFi reception in the RV isn’t that great, and there is NO WiFi service where we’ll be staying at the Grand Canyon (except in the National Park itself).

     For our last outing, we drove back up to Leo Carrillo State Beach.  We’d first intended to stop here this morning, but the parking was crowded, and Bill thought that the tide would be higher this late afternoon and therefore more dramatic pictures of the water breaking over the rocks.  (This is where we visited briefly a week or so ago, but had no cameras.)  It was wonderful!  The water was still wonderfully hued (though not so dramatically as this morning), and the wind was really up, so there were several wind-surfers out there in the distance.  We’d taken our beach chairs, and after taking pictures, just sat and enjoyed it all for probably an hour.
 
 
 
 

 
 
    

       Came home & had what was left of last night’s repast, along with a sandwich, and the last of Loretta & Steve’s angel food cake & berries.  Ate it outside, so we could enjoy the last sunset, which was just perfect – the moon so brilliantly set in the soft pinks, lavenders, and peach tones.

     Came back down to the TV room to finish this post.  Then we’ll get ready a little for tomorrow.  Hope to leave by 6:00 if possible.  As always, feel saddened to leave.  We’ve been here the longest of any place, and of course have become attached to it.  But I’ve felt that way about nearly every place we’ve spent time at.  I realize that I feel about most places we’ve visited the way Bill feels about his favorite composer Brahms.  He says, when asked which Brahms symphony is his favorite, “The one I’m currently listening to.”  That’s the way I think I’d have to answer if asked which place was my favorite on this trip:  “The place we’re currently at!”

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caryn - I am enjoying your blog. the photo's of blue water remind me of Caribbean seas. I love your descriptions. You will have wonderful memories of this trip.

    Sorry I won't get to see you when I'm in St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete